Quote

"I've decided I'd rather be here than where he is." -v.

Sunday, October 6, 2013

1+1=DEATH

A life in my head:
A small and fragile skin forgetting any hurt. Some bruises from falling 6 inches. Friends the same, sharing without a worry. And then sixth grade you left me... Walks to the park. My favorite babysitter. The way you tickled my ear and caressed me as I was falling asleep on your lap. How the only thing I remember is happiness. Our parties with make-up and earrings. The day I found out You didn't really quit smoking. It was to stop me from worry. I was 9 and you cried. But you loved me. You protected me. And then you died. In sixth grade... I refer to death as losing my grandma. I figure she'll miss me graduate, get married, have a baby... The important things. But once she left. My life seemed to end, too. My parents went their separate ways. My grandpa tuned out. His house is filled with druggies. Of course my dad and uncle were the ones with drugs. She held everything together. But forget all that because that's not my life. When I'm alone in my room crying. She's there... On my birthday when my streamers were moving, I knew it was you there... How else? This is my jumbled brain not making sense. The same as death. You're gone but only through physical touch... I know you watch me. I feel guidance. Death communicates through seeing what life couldn't. The only way I can portray what I presume.

No comments:

Post a Comment