Quote

"I've decided I'd rather be here than where he is." -v.

Monday, October 14, 2013

Dark blue




You say they are beautiful; I only see black.
The sky darker than any negro colored crayon. 
Images give no evidence of blue. Take me on; black along with disappearing planets; gone in the wind.

Those blue get me confidence and compliments. 
Maybe I'm a liar. 
Because I'm what I hate and you're what I want.
Stop with the bleeding. Take the blow. Take on anyone. 
Maybe love is just muscle memory. 
In the dark with music on; wishing I was somewhere else.
I'll fly away and leave it behind. Only red drowning out perceived blue.
Take away the black and steal innocence.
Breath-in-exhale. 
This ocean fell far from the blood spill.
Is there a reason we break and die? There's a reason why we laugh and love. 
A reason why we speak and preach.
The knowledge behind brushing our teeth and picking our scabs.
Why our taste buds like sweet or salty.
When I was a kid, I used to think sticks and stones were really worse than words...
And then I heard the words fat and weird.
They wrote loser on my locker and I had to scrub it off.
The principal hated me. People were shotting brandy on the park bench and I dragged my friend far away.
He thought I was there; getting drunk next to the school grounds. He acted like he had me on a tight rope and he thought he was right. But kids are cruel.
They were wrong. I didn't belong with that group and maybe I don't belong to any clique. 
Don't worry, I will graduate and make it. My life continues on that balance beam but this is just beauty. 








2 comments:

  1. wow, really creative writing style, why are you not in the hall of fame? I'll try to get you in. Also, change the color of the font, it's a little hard to read. :{)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow thank you!:) I changed it, thanks!:)

    ReplyDelete