Quote

"I've decided I'd rather be here than where he is." -v.

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Make sense.

I'll build you a wall and watch as you climb it.
I'll give you a kite and see as you fly it.
I'll give you many things, but you must figure out what to do with them.
 
To watch someone learn is an uplifting thing,
To see how they use their skills to remake what an object does is beautiful.
 
I can only imagine you will fly your kite and climb your wall.
I can only hope you will get a running start, and on your own.
You might blend in, or you might stand out, and this is your opportunity.
 
Others will watch as you struggle to untangle the string of your kite, but you're getting there.
They might laugh because you're climbing a small wall, but they never had the option.
There might be someone just like you, trying something new.
He might even come give you a boost over your wall, through your string.
Another hand will give you their kite and run by your side.
 
On cold Winter days, someone might invite you in for a warm cup of tea.
The embarrassing moment when you drop your books, someone may help you pick them up.
When you cannot get a good nights rest, someone might tell you you're sick.
 
When you're sick and I can't build your immune system back up; You'll know how.
When you fall off your bike and get a scrape; You'll put a Band-Aid on and walk away smiling.
If someone takes your dearest blanket; I hope you take it back, kindly.
If someone cuts in line; I assure you'll ask them if it's worth it.
When you're in your darkest days; You better call your mom, or best friend.
The days you believe in God; You may share your inspiration.
The days you love what you do; You'll do more than expected; For you.
 
If I build you a house; You may thank me.
If I build you a mountain; I'll hear you've climbed it.
I'll build you a family; You will take care of it and love it.
I'll build you a castle; You'll find an army, any kind you will need.
 
I can build you many things, and only YOU can make the best of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment