Quote

"I've decided I'd rather be here than where he is." -v.

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Swift Encounter (I am here)

It was a quick hello and exchange of names. But hey, I missed yours. How did I forget that so easily? You must have paralyzed me. I am here now and I search in my library, the name you gave me to call you. I could guess but what do I know? You reached and grabbed my hand. A touch of imprint that I'll never forget. How could I? The sound of your voice, all deep and raspy, man, you really got the best of me.
I watch you walk away. Not another word. Not one more glance. I'm staring in awe. My goal has been reached! Well... Almost. I've been searching for friends, but looking too close. You've been right there from the start. All these things I can and cannot do are just an other part of me and maybe you. I can feel your hand shaking mine. Genuine and somewhat divine.
I don't know you but maybe I want to. Is it possible I could even like you? This is how I know. These feelings inside and out. I've seen them and I've felt. I'm alive. I hope you are too. Not because we touched but because you're human.
We need love and someone to lean on. I'll be here. Nah, you don't even have to show me. I already know. Just because our color is different, a race, a culture. That just doesn't insult her. Not me. I'll take your hand once more, but not as an encounter this time. Now as your friend. A robot or not. We are here.

2 comments:

  1. I search in my library, the name that you gave me to call you. #magic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I stole it from my cousin. She believes that a librarian is there to give her information when she needs it. I think she's brilliant.

      Delete