Quote

"I've decided I'd rather be here than where he is." -v.

Sunday, September 1, 2013

They won't decide. You will. (Intro)



I hear a growl, its been a few hours. "They" laugh because I eat at lunch. My clothes are never good enough. Of course not, I wear the same thing more than once. But why are we embarrassed? My voice is loud I like to be heard. But "they" don't talk, it's better that way. You go to seminary and maybe church, but your addiction says you shouldn't. You're not allowed to. "They" find out and you no longer have 14 friends. You'll even be lucky if you have one. You grew up your whole life with a drug addicted parent. Its what you know. You're scared you won't survive, over one hundred deaths a day. You lost your dad and start to fall. Fall for an answer. Making sure there's always someone there. A man or drugs, anything to make the pain go away. But you're scared because he's gone. Aren't they all? We move and experience that in this world, "they'll" never change. You're depressed and "they" show you that you're not enough. The scars on your wrists say you're gothic so you believe the ego. The label "they" give you is nothing unless you allow it to be. You decide if "they" control you. No? No. "They" can't do that. You be your own ego and your own label. For You, give yourself something that's not a cut, a drug, alcohol or sex. You respect yourself and eat at lunch. "They" say you have to be skinny, but you can't not eat. I have money, but clothes aren't where I choose to waste it. "They" still laugh and take my friends. Because no one wants a friend that's doesn't drive a Porsche. Yes. Money buys you love. "They" told me. "They" tell me every day without even a word. I start to not care. I choose to be myself. And not for a new label or a few friends. Now I can talk. I can be a nerd. I'm not shy I'm just scared of what "they" might say. But right now today, for me I'm speaking. To give the truth. It's better to be happy, even if you're alone. "They" won't control me anymore. Don't let it control you. For you, be you. If you don't believe, then you don't have to. You've been smoking since you were twelve and you sound like you're about to die. Just lost your job from your tattoo that you got for your sister who just died. It's your way of keeping her close. Don't explain why you're alone. "They" don't get your explanation of tears that's been glued to you because of "them". You don't cheer, girl. You don't play football. You don't deserve friends. Only "they" do. But if you see me, my friend I'll be here. Yes I said friend because I'm scared to be without. I won't judge you wrongly, but kid I love to observe. I'm the one who finds the best of you and the reasons behind those tears. That fake smile doesn't fool me. I see your bruises and want to reach out. I'd be your friend dear, all you have to do is say hi. For you and for me, let's change the world. We can reach out. For them we will. I'll make you smile and listen. Just give me a chance to give you a friend. Because my friend, it's scary alone. So decide to be happy. Make your own life. "They" haven't told us who we are now for years.

I had to add this picture because I was searching for "high school stereotypes" and this picture was in the search because our basketball team was all white last year... Hmm. Interesting. 


10 comments:

  1. Man, you got into it right from the first post. Drugs, cliques, and being alone. Oh my!!!

    I liked your "girl" "dear" and "kid"....it added a certain flair to your writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once I start thinking about something, I just let it all out. It's kind of a mess, one big paragraph. I'm sure that's why you suggested to "slow down" and "not write so fast". I should probably work on that. Thank you!

      Delete
  2. This kind of made me emotional. Which doesn't happen too often. Amen.
    PS I love Blue October too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would absolutely love to know why it made you emotional, if you're willing to share.
      Blue October is where it's at!

      Delete
    2. When you talked about maybe going to church, but your addiction saying you shouldnt. When you talked about people surviving 100 deaths a day and how you don't always see what's going on in their lives... How they tell you to be someone you're not without getting to know you..
      I can't explain it as well as you can.. It just got deep.
      PS when you wrote my favorite in parentheses next to Lost and Found, it kind of made my year.

      Delete
    3. Wow. Thank you SO much. This means a lot. I get nervous not knowing if people like my writing or if I just sound like everyone else. Thank you.
      Yes OF COURSE!! That is my FAVORITE. Absolute.

      Delete
  3. This is really good. You have talent. I love how you never said who "they" was.

    ReplyDelete